February 7, 2009

Trip around nearby prefectures

Today I was on a holiday and weather was fine.
It was a nice situation to go out... Of course by my bicycle.
First I headed to Tochigi prefecture.
Tochigi prefedture is next to our prefecture.
It could take about one and a half hour even by my bicycle.
There is an artificial lake named Watarase Yusuichi near boundary in Tochigi and Saitama.
Once upon a time there was a copper mine named Ashio Dozan in Gunma prefecture.
This was one of mountain mining a lot of coppers in Japan.
But poison of copper leaked to down river and damaged to human bodies around nearby prefectures.
Then goverment mede Watarase Yusuichi to prevent to leak poison.
So poison from Ashio Dozan sinks in this lake. Of course no one can swim here.
But view around this lake is very nice.
Now this is one of spots to walk around.



After that I pedaled along down river and headed to Gunma prefecture.
There was a paved road for a bicycle along down river.
Almost flat road. Uphill was very little.
Besides I got nice view here again.
So I'm not tired at all.


I was on the way to go back. It darkened by sunset.
I don't like winter in Japan. Because of too early sunset
Then I noticed to forget a light to equip on my bicycle.
Yeah a light for dark road isn't standard equipment.
Unfortunately I went back without light to shine on a road.


But as result I safely arrived.
Today a distance I pedaled is about 80km.
From now on I want to increase more distance.
And defeat a metabolic syndrome on my stomach
.

2 comments:

  1. the story about the heart-shaped artificial lake is very interesting. the japanese are really creative. i've always been amazed by how you developed your country. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this is a symbolic incident happened in developing Japan at that time.
    There're more industrial pollutions in past history.
    An industrial pollution for development is helpless or not ?
    This is difficult question.

    ReplyDelete