February 16, 2009

I totally kept running for 120km to go and back

Yesterday I went a trip of long distance by my bicycle.
There is a long river called edo-gawa near my house.
It's a river leads to Tokyo bay through Saitama, Ibaragi, Chiba prefecture.
A road on embankment along this river is paved for walking and cycling.
We call it edo-gawa cycling road.
So it's one of good spots to enjoy a cycling of long distance.


These are photos of cycling road.
It's totally paved like these photos.
And leads to end of the river.


These are photos of historical place called Yagirinowatashi.
There is this spot in Tokyo area.
As you see. This is a port to go over opposite side of river by a ship.
This port has been exsiting from a period of Tokugawa shogunate(about 300years ago).
Tokugawa shogunate didn't permit to make a bridge over the river around capital city Tokyo.
This is a strategy for someday that enemy outside of Tokyo come to attack against Tokugawa shogunate.
I heard there were some rivers around Tokyo weren't permitted to make bridges at that time.
So Yagirinowatashi was only way that people at that time went over.


These are photos of Shibamata Taishakuten.
This is a temple in Shibamata area of Tokyo.
Actually there is very famous Japanese movie called "Otoko wa tsuraiyo".
Maybe this can be translated "A man is painful" in English
There are totally 48 works in serial of this movie.
1st work released in 1969 and kept making until 1995.
This movie is as famous as all Japanese know.
A leading part's man named Torasan lived around here.
So there is a lot of scene that Shibamata Taishakuten appears in this movie.
That's why this temple is one of spots for trip in Tokyo.


This day weather was unfortunately cloud.


These are photos near the Tokyo Disneyland.
I've been there with my family long time ago.
But now I don't like there.
Because it is always crowded.
When I ride on something. I have to get in line.

2 comments:

  1. your pictures make me want to explore tokyo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it must be more attractive to explore unknown spots in Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete