February 21, 2009

A souvenirvfrom my old friend

Last night I drunk with my friend at his house.
I'm familiar with him since junior high school.
Lately we have not been drinking each other.
But we could finally make time to drink last night.
Now he is working at a company of neighborhood.
And he took part in the iai club activity on his holiday.
The iai is one of traditional sports in Japan.
They use Japanese blade and compete each other by form of swing the blade.

Then there were certainly some Japanese blades to use the iai.
Since I like to study Samurai history. I like to see Japanese blade like used by Samurai.
But don't get me wrong.
Blades I saw at his house are nothing more than imitations.
According to him, a Japanese blade to use for the iai are almost imitations.
So shape and view really similar to real blade.
It doesn't have a sharp side of blade.
Of course you can't cut someone by this blade.
Besides if you want a read blade in Japan. You need a special license to keep dangerous item.
Anyhow it was first time to see blade imitations. I was interested.

And when I left his house. He gave me one set of blade imitation as a souvenir.
I was glad it.
But now I'm confused about where to display in my room.
Now it is just leant against my desk.



No comments:

Post a Comment